On The Map

In my previous post on Traditions I mention how much I’ve learned over the years from many of the talented writer, stylists, photographers & designers who’s work appears in the glossy pages of my favorite magazines.
The 2012 November/December issue of Traditional Home being one!
 Editor in Chief Ann Omvig Maine opens this holiday issue with a warm smile as she shares her thoughts on the Traditional Home Classic Woman Awards luncheon held this past September. The Classic Woman program honors some of the nation’s most phenomenal volunteers. I’ve loved reading over the years about these compassionate women who saw a need, and stepped right in. Through their efforts they have made a tremendous difference in the lives of others.
I’ve also been looking forward to Traditional Home’s Fall 2012 edition of TRADhome ~ their inspiring online magazine!
Click to Open
This issue is all about Design Hot Spots & Go-To Cities for Great D├ęcor. Many of these spots also happen to be my old stomping grounds!
Welcome to Scottsdale, Arizona ~ I grew up here! Written by designer Jamie Herzlinger who teams up with fellow Scottsdale designer David Michael Miller for lunch & a shopping spree. One of their stops in Old Town Scottsdale is The Paper Place where owner and long-time family friend Nancy Silver has been providing our stationary needs for years!
 Just For Fun, written by editor/stylist/photographer & friend Darra Baker takes us to Santa Monica, California where she highlights the signature style of Tim Clarke. He’s one of my favorite California designers!
What I’m really excited about in this issue of TRADhome is a feature story Designer Hot Spots, written by my dear friend Tamara Matthews Stephenson!
At the beginning of this blog post I mentioned women who inspire me. Tamara is one of those women. We met several years through our lifestyle blogs. She’s a devoted wife with two beautiful children. She’s also a New York City residential interior designer and freelance writer. 
Her Nest is where she shares her thoughts on design, the arts, and the history of her beautiful New York. She also imparts her decorating advice through her gracious entertaining at home.
What I’m really, really excited about {Ok, I’m giddy, it’s my first time} is that I’m on the map! Tamara included me in her article, inviting me to share my Go-To Spot for Great Finds!
Look for this interactive map on page 64 & click on the stars to meet everyone!
And be sure to stop by this weekend & read more on my favorite Southern California Go-To Spot.
1AAA Signature



2 comments:

Francine Gardner said...

Congratulations on your mention! It is a real talented and smart group who run Traditional Home.

My Notting Hill said...

Congratulations!! I love Trad Home and am off to check out your guide now.