Wonderful Artists & Watercolor Apps.

 

Over the last few years, while writing this little blog of mine, I've come to know some incredibly talented artists. It's been a privilege to feature their work here, and I'm especially honored to call a few of them friends.

Anne Harwell      Karen Albert      Catherine Nolin     

 Claude A. Simard

Harrison Howard       Karen Appleton     Michelle Masters      

Patricia van Essche

Oh my goodness they are such a talented bunch!

I hope you'll spend some time getting to know them ~ 

English Artists Easels ca. 1940

I also have come to know some "pretty" talented gals who know a thing or two about,"pretty" much everything!

Including the latest & greatest app called Waterlogue!

Did you know that today is #WaterlogueWednesday

If you're socially connecting with others ~ then you've probably noticed a sudden abundance of watercolors gracing the pages of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram ~ welcome to the addictive world of Waterlogue!

 

IMG_7459

With a quick upload from Apple ~ you'll suddenly find yourself water coloring your days away ~ it's very relaxing.

Upload a photo and with their assortment of virtual brushes & paints, you'll turn it into something Waterlogued.

See!

(Karen Appleton, I know you're wondering how my botanical turned out. Well, here it is. I know, I cheated with "W")

IMG_7439

 

Check out this beautiful photograph & Waterlogue by the oh, so, talented Linda Merrill at Surroundings!

Saw these on her Instagram & about fell over ~ I think they look fabulous displayed on this lovely settee!

(Linda, it's for sale on Etsy!)

Linda Merril Original Photo Before & After with Waterlogue on Eastlake Red Velvet Settee at Rhapsody Attic on Etsy

This week I was also reading one of my favorite blogs written by the multi-talented & sometimes techy Slim Paley. She writes with great character & charm & she's always got her camera near by. Waterlogue for Slim was a no brainer!

See! 

Slim gives us all the details about Waterlogue, here.

Slim Paley, Original Photograph, Waterlogue, 19th c. French Artist Atelier Easel

Slim Paley | Original Photograph, Waterlogue, 19th c. French Artist Atelier Easel

 

To kick off the first #WaterlogueWednesday, I want to thank these talented friends, writers, designers, & bloggers from around the world who contributed their creations ~ displayed on beautiful easels that I discovered last night on 1st Dibs ~

Enjoy!

Sande Chase, Original Photograph, Waterlogue, Victorian English Bamboo Artist Easel, 1st Dibs

Sande Chase from A Gift Wrapped Life | Original Photograph, Waterlogue, Victorian English Bamboo Artist Easel, 1st Dibs

 

Gigi Thibodeau, Original Photograph, Scout Through The Porch Window, Waterlogue, Arredoluce Easel Floor Lamp from 1st Dibs

Gigi Thibodeau from The Magpie's Fancy | Original Photograph, Scout Through The Porch Window, Waterlogue, Arredoluce Easel Floor Lamp from 1st Dibs

 

Deb Peterson Milne, Original Photograph, Waterlogue, Painter's Splattered Easel, 1st Dibs

Deb Peterson Milne from Dumbwittellher | Original Photograph,Waterlogue, Painter's Splattered Easel, 1st Dibs

 

Renae Moore, Original Photo, Waterlogue, English Oak Easel, 1st Dibs

Renae Moore from Moore Designs | Original Photograph, Waterlogue, English Oak Easel, 1st Dibs

Lisa Porter, Original Photo, Waterlogue, Exceptional Victorian Easel, 1st Dibs

Lisa Porter from The Lisa Porter Collection | Original Photo, Waterlogue, Exceptional Victorian Easel, 1st Dibs

 

All of the beautiful easels courtesy of 1st Dibs.

1st Dibs

 

All of the beautiful artwork courtesy of some wonderfully talented friends & Waterlogue.

 

IMG_7459

Show and share your Waterlogue watercolors using the hash-tag #WaterlogueWednesday!

11 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Lisa I am so excited to be included today and your post was fabulous. How marvelous to include easels as you did from 1st Dibs. You've done it again!!! Your posts are always a reprieve from the ordinary and make me happy.

Thank you my talented friend xox

pve design said...

Lisa, Hi you sneaky devil....We have another SNOW day today and I think my brain is water-logged. (Snow equals water, right?)
I am going to take some SNOW day photos.
pve

Jessica Gordon Ryan said...

I've heard so much about this beautiful app - I'm going to download it today!!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

You are such a clever girl Lisa! You found easels and all, what fun! It is definately addictive, but so relaxing. We are in the midst of a major storm and it is my 60th today so I plan on indulging in Waterlogue
all day long. And getting my blog up and running, I miss you girls! much love Lisa. xx

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

I've been wondering what our resident watercolor artists think of Waterlogue! How fun to be able to join forces with this app. Almost every image on Instagram is a watercolor right now... so amazing! Adore your gallery Lisa and the 1stdibs easels are SO CHIC! ox

Karena Albert said...

Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for including me in this amazing group of women! I am honored!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Gigi Thibodeau said...

What an honor and a treat to be included in this wonderful collection, Lisa! I love that you've even showcased our work on easels. Really lovely! I am already too addicted to Waterlogue, I'm afraid! xo Gigi

Linda Holt Interiors said...

Totally addicted to this app. I spent about two hours today while snowed in turning a whole bunch of images into water colors. Fun fun fun!

Slim Paley said...

Thank you so much for including me in such illustrious company Lisa! I love the old, paint spattered easels from 1st Dibs. I'd say you're a far sight 'techy-er' than me, figuring out how to get our waterlogue masterpieces propped on those :-)

Will "Waterlogue Wednesday" be a recurring theme?!
xx SP

PS. Happy 60th to "A Gift Wrapped LIfe"! xx

Catherine Nolin said...

Thank you Lisa. Great post. I'll have to check out the app. I want that easel with the upholstered seat!

Catherine

Lisa Porter said...

Hi Catherine! I just love your latest pieces! As for the easel, I believe it's still available at 1stDibs. It is a beauty! Thanks for stopping by and here is the link if interested. Take care. Lisa
http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/easels/english-oak-easel-seat-combination/id-f_549685/