A Mother's Day ~ A Day for Remembering

 Thinking about our mothers today.
Photo | The Lisa Porter Collection
Family & friends who have lost their mothers, some in a long battle & some in a moment ~ Others who's mothers are living, but have walked away. My heart aches, deeply for all of them.
Photo | The Lisa Porter Collection
As you know, Mother's Day is tomorrow. When it seems like everyone in the whole wide world is celebrating over brunch with cards & flowers, I hope you'll also celebrate with someone who has lost their mom.
Photo | The Lisa Porter Collection
Hold their hand. Let them pour tears into your lap or laugh loudly about the time she… Plant flowers in her name, or make that dish she was famous for. Bring the good wine & decadent dessert. Look through the photo albums & let them tell you all about her ~
Photo | The Lisa Porter Collection
As I write, I'm thinking about family, friends & my own mother ~ They are all so strong and brave ~ Wise beyond words and filled with grace. They somehow manage to quietly tuck their heartache away, long enough to love, laugh, "like", and listen when we write about our own.
Today's post is written in their honor ~ Celebrating mothers who are with us & those who have passed.  
Photo | The Lisa Porter Collection
She is in you & with you & taught you more than she ever had time to share.
Happy Mother's Day
Signature 2014

4 comments:

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

So touched to read this and so thoughtful of you to think of all of us who have lost our mothers. Sending love to you and your wonderful mom tomorrow and every day. OX

Carollynn @ www.designGumbo.net said...

Thank you for this post, it was lovely, thoughtful and made me cry. Which I'm sure wasn't your plan, but it did. I am one of those whose mother (and father) left when I was too young, and i miss her daily. I am thankful that my mother in law is a great stand in.

Tara Dillard said...

Motherless, takes on new meaning when you have infertility.

We are our own tribe.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I am so terribly late but I appreciate your post incredibly. No one that I know has ever expressed thoughts towards those who have lost their mother when it comes to Mother's Day. I am not surprised that you would! It does hit hard and I for one thank you my kind friend.

I hope your Mother's Day was a very happy one.
xox