Always bring flowers!

Happy Valentine's Day!

This post is dedicated to all the wonderful women I've come to know. But mostly to those of you who are freezing & absolutely finished with this cold stuff!

For you, flowers & a far reaching hug.

Peony Class Little Flower School

If you received flowers for Valentine's Day from an admirer ~ Congratulations!

If not, send him this link from Gardenista to hang on to forever!

Joel Stein's Tips for Buying Valentine Flowers

Joel Stein's Tips for Buying Valentine's Flowers via Gardenista

If you bought beautiful flowers for yourself ~ which I have been known to do ~ I am so proud of you!

Found on theheartbook.tumblr.com 35493

If you received fresh-cut flowers from your best friend's garden, this post is not for you!

Photo via whitney-hayes  Vogue magazine Met gala event NYC

Sorry. It's 15 outside with a wind chill of -3!

zsazsabellagio.tumblr

Trying to stay positive ~

I have to say though that my favorite flowers are cut fresh from the garden.

via flowergirlnyctumblr

If you bring me flowers from your garden, I will know the love and dedication that went into growing them with your heart & hands.

That makes them even prettier!

Found on crushculdesac.tumblr

Please note that you don't have to bring flowers. You could simply bring a little bit of green.

Found on husohem.se

Social etiquette reminds us that arriving with flowers for a host or hostess is not a good choice. They'll have to excuse themselves from guests to find a vase, cut the stems & get them in water. I agree in most situations ~ however, if you're planning on coming to my house ~ you can always bring flowers! I have plenty of vases & water & I'll cut the stems the next day.

photo by  laily samadi for flowergirlnyc

To my freezing friends I say ~ hang in there.

To my warm friends too ~

I wish all of you a very Happy Valentine's Day!

XOXO

These are for you!

photo Amy Merrick

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Lisa,
Reading your post I realize why I am so drawn to images of flowers and gardens right now. Pretty flowers get me through the frozen parts - it's minus 23 celsius tonight in Southern Ontario.
Happy Valentine Day.

Francine Gardner said...

Thank you Lisa, for all your beautiful flowers. Winter or summer, my house is filled with flowers...today especially with winds and sub zero temperature, it is so lovely to smell the fragrance of hyacinths.

Karena Albert said...

Dear Lisa, I always love seeing a feature from you on my list!! Of course I adore flowers and greenery, like you anyone is welcome to walk in the door with them!!

Happy Valentine's weekend!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Prince Snow Farm said...

I agree, it's all about the flowers! am expanding my cut flower garden this year and just love bringing flowers everywhere!

Catherine Frinier said...

beautiful

Jennifer Connolly said...

I adore getting flowers anytime. If it's a casual get together I always bring flowers, wine and a small token. If it's a big shindig I send an arrangement the day before.