4/14/11

Dorie Greenspan's Meyer Lemon Curd


Meyer Lemon Curd- Eat Boutique
April showers created the perfect afternoon for catching up with you all & sharing some goodies that I recently discovered. Grab a pencil!
You know I love lemons, and in my previous post, I showed you why Yellow is currently my favorite color!  But for now, I want to tell you all about Dorie Greenspan's Meyer Lemon Curd!  It is out of this world!Dorie Greenspan 
I discovered Dorie Greenspan while writing a story about Sarabeth Levine of Sarabeth's Kitchen.   I was baking my way through Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours & was looking forward to Dorie's latest book, Around My French Table
cover
The evening that I brought it home, I didn't drop it off in the kitchen where I would dive into it the next morning. Instead, I brought it up to my bedside table and by midnight....well, let's just say that Dorie & I had become best foodie friends.  You can be foodie friends with me & Dorie too.  She will hold your hand & tell you great stories & you will learn how to confidently prepare her superb renditions of the great French classics, but home-style!
73579341
Last night I was listening to a podcast with Dorie Greenspan at Authors' Answers Series from Leite's Culinaria hosted by award-winning food writer David Leite. They both had me smiling from the start. I love her wonderfully encouraging voice that comes through in the interview & in each and every one of her incredible books! 
Dorie Greenspan via Leite's Culinaria
Dorie Greenspan has written 10 award-winning books & she also writes the lively blog,  In the Kitchen And On The Road With Dorie! 
My Francophile friends will enjoy Paris By Mouth, a beautiful collaborative website, edited by Dorie Greenspan & other established food writers, that is changing the way people find and appreciate delicious things in Paris.
I'm getting to the Meyer Lemon Curd.  Good things come to those who read on...I promise!
Tumblr
Many of you know I'm a foodie but I'm no food writer.
Eat Boutique to the rescue!
Eat Boutique


Maggie Battista founded Eat Boutique in 2007 in order to celebrate handmade food experiences.  She thinks nothing of driving long distances for one amazing night with a great chef, farmer or host.


"We’re a tiny business that shares handmade food stories, curates handmade food gift boxes, and offers handmade food experiences...We believe each bite should be worth it...We believe a great meal is worth driving an extra mile (or ten), especially if the cooks pop out to say hello and thank you...We think indie chefs and restaurateurs are amazing, but so are home cooks and farmers."
Have a look at this wonderful Spring Handmade Food Gift Box from Eat Boutique! 
Goodies from Eat Boutique's Spring Handmade Food Gift Box.
Goodies from Eat Boutique's Spring Handmade Food Gift Box.
Goodies from Eat Boutique's Spring Handmade Food Gift Box.
What a nice Easter gift to give...and to receive!
Now, I'm happy to tell you that Maggie Battista and her team at Eat Boutique are as crazy about lemons as I am!  How about some Meyer Lemon Liquor... 
Meyer Lemon Liquor photo-Cole Denver Designs for Eat Boutique
Meyer Lemon Liquor with Lavender, Cardamom or Thyme photo-Cole Denver Designs for Eat Boutique
Meyer Lemon Marmalade with Booze photo-Cole Denver Designs for Eat Boutique

 You must try my absolute favorite...Meyer Lemon Curd!
Meyer Lemon Curd- Eat Boutique
Shelby Larsson is a great food writer and member of the team at Eat Boutique.  Certain that her hubby had forgotten all about Valentines Day, she purchased Around My French Table for herself and fell in love with Dorie Greenspan's Meyer Lemon Curd.  Read more about this melt-in-your-mouth goodness right here!
Shelby Larsson
Shelby also loves cheese and pop culture. I've been reading about her eating adventures over on her blog, Lady Gouda. You'll love her blog & ya gotta love that name!
I hope you enjoy all the goodies!
Dorie Greenspan lives in New York City; Westbrook, Connecticut; and Paris. Be sure to read all about her food adventures in these and other places at www.doriegreenspan.com.