5/5/12

Classic, Poised & Confident

tumblr_lmv7ohXKt41qa9d7ro1_500
source
Today’s a day when I do not spend a lick of time worrying about the heat or humidity or my hair because today is a big hat day.
It also happens to be Derby Day and there are far more important things to be tending to!
Via Southern Living Magazine
photo, Southern Living Magazine
This quick post is about hats though and if you know me, you know I’m a hat kind of gal.
Peter Beaton Signature Hats
Peter Beaton Studio
My favorite style is a classic straw that I can dress up or dress down, depending on where I’m headed to.
That’s why I love hats from Peter Beaton Studio in Nantucket.
Hat Boxes from Peter Beaton
Peter Beaton Studio
The small brim Wauwinet with a good ribbon or one of my favorite scarves to be exact.
Wauwinet Small Brim Peter Beaton Studio
Peter Beaton Studio
Every Peter Beaton signature hat comes with a complimentary hatbox as it should.  Thank you P.B.!
I’ve written a few hat stories before in honor of summer & Derby season but today I wanted to include some real beauties.
This is my absolute fave for Derby!
GGHats_BellaGraceStudios0038
photo, Bella Grace Studios for G& G
Last year Garden & Gun hosted the 2011 Derby Breakfast at Farmington Plantation before heading to Churchill Downs.
The guests were classic, poised & confident and the hats were stunning! 
GGHats_BellaGraceStudios0014
photo, Bella Grace Studios for G& G
GGHats_BellaGraceStudios0026
photo, Bella Grace Studios for G& G
GGHats_BellaGraceStudios0027
photo, Bella Grace Studios for G& G
There’s more at Garden & Gun.
And also here!    
AA1