I love what Emerson Made.

"EmersonMade is a company that believes in celebrating the uniqueness of the individual, the joy of being alive and all the smallness that makes up the Big Beautiful." EM

Book Jacket

EmersonMade started as a one woman operation in NYC where Emerson would sell her flowers, sometimes right off her lapel to other snappy dressers on the street!

Here is Emerson whistling her way through the farmer's market.

 

EmersonMade has bloomed into a full scale operation where she and her partner and the ArtistFlowerMakers build the blooms each season!

Emerson's partner just happens to be her adorable husband Ryan, the Big R.

Each bloom they build is one of a kind, varied, and has its own unique character.

Array

They specialize in hand-dyed and hand-stitched blooms and accessories to accompany their growing apparel line.

feature4

Big Dahlia

Yellow Rose of Texas

"In 2008 Emerson and Ryan left New York City for a farm with green pastures, this is where the EmersonMade Hens and Ducks reside also!"

Little Dandy

Grande Wedding

I adore her Ballet Dahlia clutch to tuck under my arm on special occasions.

Ballet Dahlia Clutch

Each flower is packaged in a beautiful gold jewel box that makes the perfect gift.

packaging

Hand-cut-stitched-built by EmersonMade.

EmersonMade Friendship Carnations really work wonders in the "I Like You" department.

Turn a special day into a special year with her glorious 5 inch Poppy and Happy Birthday Ribbon.

Ungloom Marguerite Daisies are 100% linen and wool felt, hand stitched and bloomed by the EmersonMade FlowerMakers.

With the help of her beloved photographer BigR, Emerson does all the styling, design, content, photographs, collages, and artwork associated with EmersonMade.

Emerson and Ryan are fun, loving, creative, stylish and homemade.  I love that!

Speaking of home....

emerson_14  Ryan and Emerson moved from New York City to a seaside town in New Hampshire two years ago and what a home-sweet-home it is!

"We have a lot of guns around, this one is a quick grab to protect the farm from any varmints."  E.M.

5_emersonmade

"We had to completely renovate it - it was a shambles when we got it! We wanted it to feel open, relaxing and inviting. The type of place that immediately puts guests at ease.

This is our library." E.M.
emerson1

"Another view of the library! It is beautiful in there during the day because it is northern facing and gets no direct light. It glows with the reflection of the trees!"  E.M. 

emerson3

This is where we eat! We wanted to be able to eat dinner next to the fire. It's open to the kitchen since that is where we spend most of our time. The table and chairs are from our collecting excursions. We have those fold up chairs all over the house! If you want to have a party in the grass you can bring them outside! The chairs get around."  E.M.

emerson_4

I love the collection of ironstone in their farmhouse kitchen. "The fantastic sink was found on craigslist for a bargain price, and we had the butcher block built. We use it for all our food prep."  E.M.

emerson7

"We designed our pantry so that everything would be visible. We have mostly unrefined ingredients because we don’t eat sugar, flour and processed ingredients so we just line it all up in here and grab what we need." E.M.

6_emerson

"We had to tidy up that beside table! Usually it is piled sky high with too many books about health, gardening and new projects!"   E.M. 

emerson12

Laundry room sink and folding table. "That rooms gets lots of light! We got the sink from an old man who collected beautiful sinks in his barn way out in the woods!"  E.M.

emerson_13

All photos courtesy of EmersonMade.  House photos via Amy Azzarito at design*sponge.

 

click here to visit! 

You can also visit with Emerson and get caught up on the latest entry in her journal here! emersonmade_

15 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Now I love them too!

La Dolfina said...

Wow this post was simply amazing!
I lingered over each and every image!
What a fabulous couple. So inspirational. Thank you so much for shining the spotlight on Emerson Made. I'd love to get my Mom one of their flowers for Christmas!
Oh and by the way, I'm flattered you love my pumpkin photos... feel free to use any images you want!!
Have a wonderful day Lisa and thanks for your visit to my blog.
XO

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

They are absolutely darling! I love the flowers, the gift box, and their home! Perfect is the only word I can come up with.
Thank you for sharing, Lisa!
Teresa

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

What a great post and a charming couple and pics!! I love the palette and quality and texture of each flower and every shot - so perfectly styled. Thanks for the introduction Lisa. Have a lovely weekend!! ox Barbara

Maya said...

The flower creations are amazing!! And I love all the fashion shots!!! Wonderful home too.

Maya @ Completely Coastal

Snailentina said...

Emerson is such a fabulous lady! I love all her stuff and the messages she sends with her clothes, flowers and my ultimate favorite, the mouse!

Michelle said...

Style, style, style...just beautiful...emphasis is my favorite design tool, and these flowers say look here...at me...I'm made by hand and a thing of beauty...on a thing of beauty...just lovely.

Karena said...

Lisa I adore these fabulous flowers, and Emerson, how joyful and inspiring!!

I am posting pink today!

Karena
Art by Karena

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

As usual you bring us such great resources Lisa. Loved the photography and the idea, looks like a great company to take a closer look at. Happy weekend. XO

Carol@SofasandSage.com said...

Omg. Gorgeous flowers, incredible creativity, stunning couple, love their house (home), what else is there to say? I love seeing women out there doing great things with their talents. Thanks for sharing.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

loved reading all about emersonmade..love love love the big flowers. smile.

Leah - The Inside Story said...

What an intriging and interesting post. Thank-you! So much inspiration.

Artist said...

Great photos. I love the colors. I am painting through synesthesia which makes me see colors when I hear names and numbers. These colors I transform in paintings. Colors are my life.

Millie said...

What a couple of dynamos they are! Love her products Lisa, as they say 'It only takes one good idea!'
Millie ^_^

Renae said...

Oh my goodness...I want one of those. :)
Emerson, first of all, great name and she and her darling husband are too adorable for words.
I will investigate further as seriously I want one of her creations!
xo